Wednesday 15 May 2013

Digital Divide

On page 348, there is a discussion of the "Digital Divide" in the United States. Do you think there is a digital divide in Canada? Explain your answer in terms of what you have experienced. If you think there isn't a divide, why do you think so? If you think there is a divide, how do you think we could change that?

According to the reading I did on page 348 in the text book, digital divide separates people who have easy access to computers and those who do not. I never really noticed a digital divide of where I am living and in surrounding communities but then again I have never really thought about it. I guess it is because most people have access because most schools and public libraries have public computers for people.  Like we discussed the world wide web is growing more and more every day so today there are a lot of people who have computers, laptops, etc in there home as apposed to lets say 10 years ago if even.  So no, I do not think there is a digital divide in Canada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment