Wednesday 15 May 2013

Word Processing

Some people argue that word processing reduces the quality of writing because it makes it easy to write in a hurried and careless manner and it puts the emphasis on the way a document looks rather than on what it says. What do you think? Explain your answer from your own perspective.

I think in a way that it does reduce the quality of writing because it does take a lot out of the actual writing that one might do. To me it focuses more on how the paper looks rather then the actual writing portion. Say if you have a essay that is due, you might wait till the last minute because word processing is so easy to work with and it catches all your mistakes, where as, if you were to hand write it you have to sit and think of what your going to write and think of the right way to write it. It does not give you the option to look carefully and teach you how to catch the mistakes and spelling. But like I said in an earlier post that again, it helps people who need it for work. I'm sure it helps out a secretary a lot when it comes to writing letter after letter for her boss. Don't get me wrong it is only my opinion but for me I really do use word processor a a lot and enjoy that I have it there as an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment